Default Camera App Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dezrustrian

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello Everyone, new user here. I did a quick look over the forums, but did not see anything that pertained to my issue. If I missed anything, please direct me to the correct place. Thank you.

Anyway, I turned on my Acer Iconia A100 this morning to find out that my little brother had managed to remove my default camera. I have no clue how he did this, or why, but I would really like to get it back on. As far as I can tell, the camera is gone (it doesn't show in the app list anymore). I've done some searches, and found out that I need to have the camera.apk file to fix this. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of it for my tablet? I would prefer not to do a factory reset if I don't need to. Thank you.

-Dez

Additional notes: The default camera app is not an option on the lock screen any longer, though the other camera apps I have installed are. Also, the tablet is running Ice Cream Sandwich instead of Honeycomb.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If your A100 is not rooted, you shouldn't be able to uninstall the stock Camera app. By "app list," are you referring to the list of all apps that comes up when you tap the rectangular 6 dot icon in the upper right?

If you're not rooted and the Camera app doesn't show in the All Apps drawer, then it's possible it might have been disabled. Go to Settings/Apps/All Apps, and scroll all the way down to see if you find it among the disabled apps.

Dezrustrian

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello B.Diddy, thank you for your quick response. Turns out he did in fact just disable it. I wish I had known about that feature, but hey, at least I do now. Thank you for your time and your solution. It is very appreciated :)

-Dez

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
If your A100 is not rooted, you shouldn't be able to uninstall the stock Camera app. By "app list," are you referring to the list of all apps that comes up when you tap the rectangular 6 dot icon in the upper right?

If you're not rooted and the Camera app doesn't show in the All Apps drawer, then it's possible it might have been disabled. Go to Settings/Apps/All Apps, and scroll all the way down to see if you find it among the disabled apps.

Hi i got the same issue but the thing is i don't see the camera in the all apps..what else can i do to enable it?thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you scroll all the way down the list in Settings>Apps>All, to see if it's among the Disabled apps?

Andy Chiu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Swipe to left to find disable.you should find ur camera.tab on cameta then tab on enable.

From all apps list Swipe to left to find disable apps.you should find ur camera.tab on cameta then tab on enable.

Last edited by a moderator:

gaju

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I am using Xolo Q800, & my default camera has been disabled, can you please let me know how to enable it.

Regards
Gajendra

Shubhamoy Ghosh

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Hello Everyone, new user here. I did a quick look over the forums, but did not see anything that pertained to my issue. If I missed anything, please direct me to the correct place. Thank you.

Anyway, I turned on my Acer Iconia A100 this morning to find out that my little brother had managed to remove my default camera. I have no clue how he did this, or why, but I would really like to get it back on. As far as I can tell, the camera is gone (it doesn't show in the app list anymore). I've done some searches, and found out that I need to have the camera.apk file to fix this. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of it for my tablet? I would prefer not to do a factory reset if I don't need to. Thank you.

-Dez

Additional notes: The default camera app is not an option on the lock screen any longer, though the other camera apps I have installed are. Also, the tablet is running Ice Cream Sandwich instead of Honeycomb.

Not work camera.....

ryan bagaipo

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
how could i enable it. .i have the same problem with dezrustian.. .and i have read your instruction and follow it.. i have find to, but how can i enable it back..?? .because the only option thier is force stop and i cant press the enable at the right side.. .thank you in advance to your reply..

Bmbailey

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I have done everything you stated below to get my camera app back. The question is how can I find out if I rooted my tablet by mistake..? I have read tablet Viking pro thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Folks, this is an ancient thread for an ancient device (the Acer Iconia A100 -- man, I remember having one ... good times). I strongly suggest you create a new thread in a more appropriate forum for your device. Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I'm closing this thread. As I mentioned above, if you have a device other than the prehistoric Iconia A100, then please create a new thread in the appropriate forum for your device. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty