ICS update on my A500 this morning

demon09

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey demon u in the u.s ? Cause any idea if the u.s getting the update or they just rolling out some areas

Yeah, I am in Chicago, Illinois, USA.

I don't know how the update is going out, but I do know that the last maintenance update that went out wouldn't download to my tablet and I had to contact Acer support, later that day the update went out after I talked to a tech, so I don't know if they somehow changed what server I was getting my updates from or what happened with that.

I just hope the update went OK, I literally set it to update then left the house, so I won't know for certain if it is successful until I get off work.

t3chn0s1s

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully we don't end up running into any of the random reboot issues the Asus TF101 users ran into with kernel 2.6. Curious to hear what others report as time goes on....

madsend81

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I played around with my A500 with the ICS last night. I wasn't able to figure out how to take screenshots. Anyone care to inform me?

The whole device appears to work faster and smoother than before. Some graphical designs were updated with Calendar, Google Chat, etc. A nice update imho.

I am in the Los Angeles, CA area.

nielswagenaar

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
I played around with my A500 with the ICS last night. I wasn't able to figure out how to take screenshots. Anyone care to inform me?

The whole device appears to work faster and smoother than before. Some graphical designs were updated with Calendar, Google Chat, etc. A nice update imho.

I am in the Los Angeles, CA area.

You have to push the powerbutton hand the volume rocker down at the Same time hand ten you make a screen shot.

i also had my update today in the netherlands IT is running ver smooth and i am happy whit it, the only dissapointing thing is that the acer ring is missing.

Reactions: madsend81

KennethD

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
It's hung on the Acer screen. Any ideas?
Never mind powered down and its fine. How many downloads are there? The unit is brand new do I have to go through all the updates?

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38