ICS update on my A500 this morning

mweekly

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Acer shut down the updates because they probably having issues on the servers and glitches so I had mines since 27th around 6:00am but don't worry people if you worry call acer customer service they should tell you what's wrong

viper92677

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
for all of you who haven't been able to receive your ics update, this is what fixed my update issues, i called Acer and they automatically assumed my tablet was broke and they wanted me to send it in for repairs so i went to the a500 Acer support page and downloaded the application update and it fixed my upgrade problem. i have included this file in my post. i hope it fixes everyones update problems as it did mine

Reactions: teecrisp

TechWolf

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Update didn't help. Kinda sucks, I did factory wipe from rooted 3.1 for ICS update so it seems kinda pointless to do anything with the tablet til the update comes.

teecrisp

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
for all of you who haven't been able to receive your ics update, this is what fixed my update issues, i called Acer and they automatically assumed my tablet was broke and they wanted me to send it in for repairs so i went to the a500 Acer support page and downloaded the application update and it fixed my upgrade problem. i have included this file in my post. i hope it fixes everyones update problems as it did mine

Thanks for linking the file, I couldn't get it to download from the Acer site. However did not help, still waiting for the update. At least it stopped saying poor network coverage.

a.benami

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how this applies to North American users, but someone on another forum contacted Acer Australia, at which point they were told that the ICS upgrade was being pushed back to May 17 due to technical issues.

HOPEFULLY that doesn't end up being the case and we see some of that ooey gooey ice cream goodness soon!

virgosuperstar78

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I got the update for my Acer A500 but it is stuck at the Acer screen and will go no further. been sitting there at the screen for 15 min so far. I have tried to reboot it a couple of times but nothing. Any ideas?? Thanks!

rednocturne307

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
It stinks to see so many people on here having so many problems with the update! Everything's been working A-OK for me here in New York. Tablet's running smoother and snappier than ever before honestly. Really pleased with it thus far.

I keep hearing people saying there's a problem with folders? Haven't run into any problems on mine.

superfasteddy

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys... I haven't seen anyone mention if they were using an alternative ROM such as Thor, and how that impacts this upgrade. Seems since the device thinks it is an ePad, what will it do about the upgrade?

I did go to the store and installed the updated per Acer's YouTube video, but I am concerned nothing more will happen due to the ROM?

What can I do to get back from here to where I need to be to update?

Thanks!

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
As an update, as of yesterday still no update for me in Austin TX! I was ready to throw my tablet out the window and call Acer and tell them a thing or two. I saw a lot of posts about an Acer Update app, so I checked that out. When I viewed the app from the app store it said it was already installed on my device. It's not a runnable app but more or less a service that runs in the back ground. I decided to unistall it and reinstall it. Afer that, I checked again and vua-la, ICS update for me!! Loving it so far. Super fast and everything seems to be working just fine. I did notice some crackling in the audio in some of my games, but nothing alarming. Hope this helps some of you that still have not received the update yet.

dubfish34

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Ever since the update I have to hold down the power button for almost 10 seconds every time I want to use my tablet and it goes through the whole booting up process. Now, my battery is draining daily and I don't even use my tablet all that much. (I use to get 3-4 days out of a single charge)

The update fixed my wifi connectivity issues, looks good and it even feels a bit smoother and quicker, but these two issues have me using my Galaxy S2 more often than my tablet. Any suggestions on how to fix?

Thanks in advance.

viper92677

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
everyone do a factory reset and then install the apk i provided above and then do the forced manual update through the settings/about/system update and it should update the tablet

Reactions: marc@13