Fire wish list

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Move power button to where it's not easily pushed while reading in portrait mode.
Slow down the carousel.
New Mail arrival alert
Ability to group favorites on home screen.
Option for percent on battery charge in status bar.

:cool:

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Move power button to where it's not easily pushed while reading in portrait mode. - Hold it upside down. (I put a post up about this.) Some apps won't flip to match the orientation, but Kindle, Nook, Silk, the Amazon store and Pulse all did.

Slow down the carousel. - Agreed. In the quest for making it super speedy looking, it's hard to use. That can be patched.

New Mail arrival alert - I don't use the email. That's what my phone is for.

Ability to group favorites on home screen. - You can rearrange them by tap-and-hold then dragging. Do you mean having folders or something?

Option for percent on battery charge in status bar. - Agreed, or not having to dig into the Device submenu. This can be patched.

My wishes:

* Move the speakers to the long edges in v.2 of the hardware since video is forced into landscape and have both speakers on the left side is dumb.

* Allow alternative e-reader software which is available in the Amazon App Store for every other Android device to be loaded on Fire. I shouldn't have to scrounge around for epub/mobi/comic reader apks when my other devices are free to get free apps.

* Allow the full Android Market and not just the limited Amazon version since updates are slower there. Probably not going to happen.

* The ability to cache the Prime streaming video to the device for offline viewing. (i.e. Load up a few episodes for the ride in or whatnot.) Since you can't Unbox this stuff on PC - probably due to licensing restrictions - I don't see this happening ever, though the fact it's a DRMed hunk of hardware which allows for the Kindle Lending Library means there's probably no technical reason preventing it. Problem is the hackers would probably find a way to get the content out of the box and once again piracy spoils everyone's fun.

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Most things that I have issue with (I don't mind the power button, but they could have put some volume control buttons on it) can be changed with software updates. The screen isn't as beautiful as my GT 10.1, but I'm ok with it.

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Bluetooth... why it was excluded I don't know. It would allow all manner of peripherals.

For some reason the power button hasn't bothered me.

Agree 100% on the placement of the speakers, there should be one on left and one on right in landscape. I can see someone making a set of slim clip-on speakers or maybe a case/stand that rectifies this (along with a volume switch).

MHL support on the micro-usb port. This is something that cannot be patched, even though the port itself would be identical.

dcmidnight

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Would like a better app - or setting panel - that I can go into and easily see how much space a particular app or book or video is taking up. On a device with only @ 6.5GB of usable storage this seems like a no brainer. If there's an app out there though for an un-rooted Fire I would use it.

I'd like to be able to delete stuff from the carosel if I dont want it there.

Swype.

Something like Swype.

So far, minor stuff really though, I love the Fire a lot more than I expected I would.

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
You can delete from carousel with a long press. But it deletes it from the Fire, not just the Carousel. Not quite what I wanted.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch