ICS 4.0.4 Issues Worse In 4.1.1 Nexus S

anon(851732)

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I am just wondering if anybody has noticed the following issues after upgrading 4.0.4 to 4.1.1 on Nexus S (i9020t).

1. The infamous "Android System" process high CPU bug from 4.0.x is STILL present in 4.1.1 when "Auto-Rotate Screen" is enabled.

2. Now with 4.1.1, the "System" process is also constantly running in the background at approximately 10% when idle.

In total, the CPU is running at approximately 25%-35% in the background when idle. These problems have not been fixed with 4.1.1.

I had wiped and done a factory install of IMM76D and installed the 4.1.1 update, but the problem persists. I have also done a reset AFTER installing 4.1.1 and the problem persists...

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Ichwardort

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I can't confirm those issues. However I didn't see them on my Nexus S (European Edition) running ICS either. However the bug draining my battery when having auto-screen-brightness enabled seems to be fixed in JB. :cool: Also the SMS/Text app seems to be more stable under low RAM conditions.

kr A.

davey0728

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Dude I hate to say this because it doesn't make Android look GOOD at all but the brand new Jelly Bean OTA for the Nexus S is just as bad or worse than 4.0.4 from what I've been reading. My buddy just updared my Nexus S to 4.1.1 for me so i haven't gotten it back yet but tonight I will find out first hand if the talk is for real. People are saying that battery management has gone right out the window with the phone draining the battery completely in IDLE within 4-5 hours! If you're in IDLE, after 4-5 hours you should still be in the 90%'s as far as I'm concerned. If it's really that bad I'm just gonna flash CM9 and live it alone

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Dude I hate to say this because it doesn't make Android look GOOD at all but the brand new Jelly Bean OTA for the Nexus S is just as bad or worse than 4.0.4 from what I've been reading. My buddy just updared my Nexus S to 4.1.1 for me so i haven't gotten it back yet but tonight I will find out first hand if the talk is for real. People are saying that battery management has gone right out the window with the phone draining the battery completely in IDLE within 4-5 hours! If you're in IDLE, after 4-5 hours you should still be in the 90%'s as far as I'm concerned. If it's really that bad I'm just gonna flash CM9 and live it alone

By idle you mean sleep right?

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Device complitly stops on sleep, if you got WiFi turned on it will check for network every now and then you can turn it off in advance settings on wifi network list by pressing menu button, i guess some network lisining services may work as well, like Skype and other stuff that wait for calls or messages.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
seriously?? a bug??? Nexus S is a single core 1Ghz with 512 mb ram.
ICS is a huge jump with lot of features and phone need the capabilty to run.
JB removed the lag but the hardware is still behind.

Its not a bug. its the hardware deal with it.

Send from my Nexus S

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRNATAREN