Contacts broken after 4.2.2 update

AFM1204

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way to manually uninstall and reinstall Google Contacts on my Nexus 7? Ever since I updated, I just get the message "App stopped working" when I try to run it. I've tried stopping it, flushing the cache, signing out of my account, nothing helps.

I would appreciate any help. The tablet is rooted, so I know that opens up possible solutions.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Tronstar

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I know when you falsh some custom ROMs, you have to flash a compatible version of google apps. I don't see a reason why you couldn't flash a zip of the google system apps on the stock ROM?

AFM1204

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I know when you falsh some custom ROMs, you have to flash a compatible version of google apps. I don't see a reason why you couldn't flash a zip of the google system apps on the stock ROM?

Yes. Where do I get these files? Is there a way to get just the contact app from the system files?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Tronstar

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
the google apps I used was a fully zipped file with all of the apps contained. The file needs to be signed so I dont think you can pull out just the one. Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with doing that. Here is a bit more info and reading: Google Apps - RootzWiki

There are also download links in there. For 4.2.2 you would need to use the 20130301 file.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty