Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is there a custom notifications centre for Android?

Hi guys,

Just a quick question is there such thing as a notification centre for an Android phone which you can customise, kind of similar to WidgetLocker where you can change different settings? I have a HTC One (not rooted), but can't see any settings where I can change the themes or whatever. I'm pretty much looking for a NC that can be transparent of translucent, as this looks nicer rather than a block of colour.

Thanks in advanced

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Sense 6

Default Re: Is there a custom notifications centre for Android?

Quote Originally Posted by JHyde92 View Post
    Hi guys,

Just a quick question is there such thing as a notification centre for an Android phone which you can customise, kind of similar to WidgetLocker where you can change different settings? I have a HTC One (not rooted), but can't see any settings where I can change the themes or whatever. I'm pretty much looking for a NC that can be transparent of translucent, as this looks nicer rather than a block of colour.

Thanks in advanced
    Technically, you can't change any aspect of the Sense UI without root and a custom ROM. If you're brave enough to do just that, I recommend using AOKP as you can set notification background transparency and change the background from a solid color to any image. Just don't expect for the ROM to be bug-free, as the only builds for the HTC One are nightlies at the moment.
    Devices (Their ROMs and respective mods, if any):

HTC One M8: Stock Sense 6 w/ OEM and carrier bloatware removed [daily driver]
    Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-T989/Hercules): AOSPA 4.6 Beta 6 (4.4.4) FINAL, ViPER4Android FX, updated Adreno 220 drivers [backup]
    HTC Nexus 9: Stock Android Lollipop