Deleted gallery. Now no gallery option in lockscreen :-(

bobcall123

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Can someone out there please help.
Using 4.1.1 that came with samsung s3
I deleted the gallery because I wanted to use quickpic gallery as an alternative option. In doing so, when I try to access the lock screen and choose which picture to put in the lockscreen the only available option to choose is wallpaper.

Before gallery use to be in here as one of the option. I would have thought quickpic would show up so I can select my own pictures instead of the stock wallpaper pictures.

Is there a way to solve this? Please advise and thank you in advance to the people who responded.

Thanks
Bob

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean when you say you deleted the Gallery? Did you Disable it, which is the most you can do on stock Android? The only way you could completely delete the Gallery app is if you're rooted.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a rooting expert, so I'll have to tag team out with someone else who is. If you want to restore your Gallery app, and if you didn't back things up using something like Titanium Backup, then you'd need to find the .apk file, which someone probably has out there. You can Google "samsung galaxy s3 stock gallery apk."

I'd have to defer to someone else regarding any way to make QuickPic the default lockscreen wallpaper picker.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I love QuickPic! Now, for this problem... Search for the stock gallery app for your phone, and once located, download the app, but don't install it. Just move it from your internal/external SD card to /system/app/ and paste it there.

Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums

bobcall123

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
tried to do this using es explorer and copy or move the gallery.apk to the /system/app folder but im getting an error. "open failed:erofs (read only file system)" msgs. when i check the properties of the gallery.apk it is readable and writeable. any ideas?

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
tried to do this using es explorer and copy or move the gallery.apk to the /system/app folder but im getting an error. "open failed:erofs (read only file system)" msgs. when i check the properties of the gallery.apk it is readable and writeable. any ideas?

You need to mount the /system as writable in ES File Explorer's settings.

bobcall123

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
mounted /system as writable using ES File Explorer was successfull. I copied the gallery apk file from another samsung s3 device same O.S. 4.1.1 manufacturer to the download folder and from there move it to the /system/app folder. copying successfull. restarted the phone, however still no gallery icon in the apps area or in the lock screen area. Does this apk file need to be installed or re-enable? ideas?

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
mounted /system as writable using ES File Explorer was successfull. I copied the gallery apk file from another samsung s3 device same O.S. 4.1.1 manufacturer to the download folder and from there move it to the /system/app folder. copying successfull. restarted the phone, however still no gallery icon in the apps area or in the lock screen area. Does this apk file need to be installed or re-enable? ideas?

You could try to install it, but I thought once you install it normally, it acts like a downloaded app and not a system app...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member