My apps won't auto update

kal1209

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a 2013 Nexus 7 with 4.3 installed but my apps won't update automatically. I have sync on as well. Do they update at certain times of the day or are they supposed to update as new updates become available? Thank you.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Open your Google Play Store app, tap menu and then Settings, and make sure your Auto Update Apps option is turned on.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which apps are you expecting to update? Are updates definitely available? I ask because there have been many announcements recently about updated Google apps (coinciding with the KitKat rollout), but since Google app updates become available in a rolling fashion, they may not have reached you yet.

Reapus

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I also have this issue. The apps will update automatically once in a blue moon when all the stars and planets align. Usually when I restart my phone. I have auto sync turned off to save battery. At least, that's what I believe it's doing.

kal1209

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Which apps are you expecting to update? Are updates definitely available? I ask because there have been many announcements recently about updated Google apps (coinciding with the KitKat rollout), but since Google app updates become available in a rolling fashion, they may not have reached you yet.

I knew there was an update for Drippler but even though I left my tablet on with sync activated for several hours it still never updated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure how frequently the Play Store checks for updates. Also check the individual app--select Drippler in the Play Store, then press the menu button. Is the Auto-Update box checked? As far as I understand, you can select the universal Auto-Update setting in the main Play Store settings, but you can then turn off the Auto-Update for individual apps.

kal1209

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure how frequently the Play Store checks for updates. Also check the individual app--select Drippler in the Play Store, then press the menu button. Is the Auto-Update box checked? As far as I understand, you can select the universal Auto-Update setting in the main Play Store settings, but you can then turn off the Auto-Update for individual apps.

I already checked the individual setting and it was set to auto update but still didn't.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Is there anything set to update only under certain conditions? For example, via wifi only?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app