Storage almost full notification

honevs

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I have bee getting a notification for the past few weeks saying storage is almost full. I switched from a small 4gb SD to a 16gb SD and within an hour of switching to the larger card I began getting the notification again. What is the deal?? Any help is much appreciated.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What kind of device do you have? It most likely doesn't matter how big your external SD card is--these low storage notifications occur because the internal storage is getting full. Older or more inexpensive phones often don't have much internal storage to begin with (e.g., 4 GB, of which 2-3 GB is usually taken up by the OS). For more info, review this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Rooted or unrooted? If rooted, do you use Titanium Backup or similar apps? I'm not too familiar with the details, but I have read some posts about backups taking up a lot of internal storage. I've also read some posts about possible bugs in how certain Samsung devices account for memory. I'll see if I can find some of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38