- 127 Posts
google books clear data fail!
I was just trying to save space on my tablet, so i cleared my gbooks data. Now it keeps telling me that it can'_t retrieve my google books library, even though in the play store, the books i have show up as mine!
I find your lack of faith in android disturbing.
- 12-26-2013, 12:27 AM #2
Re: google books clear data fail!
Physically clearing the data from Google Play Books in the Settings>Apps menu is not the ideal way of freeing up space. Clearing the data means you also clear out the app's database, so it may be having trouble accessing your Google Play Book library in the cloud. If you want to remove a book from memory, the best way is to tap that pushpin icon at the lower right--you might have to tap it a couple of times until it gives you the warning that you're removing the book from local memory, but that you can still download it from your library.
In terms of accessing your library again, what happens when, while in the Play Books app, you tap Menu>Refresh?
- By Love Divine in forum HTC OneReplies: 4Last Post: 02-05-2014, 06:10 PM
- By Chris902874 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 01-11-2014, 10:14 AM
- By Kristen DiPressi Pearce in forum Tablet ChatReplies: 1Last Post: 12-25-2013, 09:35 PM
- By Rocholiday12 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 1Last Post: 12-25-2013, 09:15 PM
- By Google_Superuser in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-25-2013, 07:16 PM