Can I make non-stock Android look like stock?

anon(5348756)

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to decide between the Zenfone 2 and the Moto G 3 (waiting for tomorrow's details).

If I end up choosing the Zenfone 2 (might have more RAM and better CPU than MG3), would it be at all possible to make its UI look like stock Android? I don't understand Android launchers/themes/icon-packs very well (we don't have nearly as much variety/freedom in the WP world), but it seems that if I use the Google Now launcher things may look a bit more stock. Is that correct?

If it's no possible, I guess I could install a stock Android ROM like CyanogenMod but I'd like to avoid the hassle/risk on a new device.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

xxhbmxx

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Yes you absolutely can.Google now launcher can make pretty much everything look stock on the launcher,home screen,widgets and more.Though the navigation buttons and the notification bar will still look the same.There shouldn't be lots of lag in either of the two phones since the Moto has almost stock and the Asus doesn't heavily skin android like Samsung does with Touchwiz.I would say go with the Zenfone since its more of a flagship and the Moto G series are more of budget phones.I guess you don't want to get into rooting your new phone and lose warranty so the Zenfone should be perfect though rooting the Moto should be much easier.

anon(5348756)

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I would say go with the Zenfone since its more of a flagship and the Moto G series are more of budget phones.

That's what I was thinking, as the Zenfone 2 has better specs, so I would guess it should perform better than the MG3. Let's see what's announced tomorrow and I can go from there. If the Zenfone 2 is $200, I cannot imagine the MG3 would have a similar price with much lower hardware?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo