Cannot Access Internet via WiFi or Mobile Data, Google Play Store Not Accessible. What Do I Do?

jkgraves

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Cannot Access Internet via WiFi or Mobile Data, Google Play Store Not Accessible

I can no longer access the internet via mobile data or wifi using Firefox or the Browser supplied with my LG G3. I get a message which says "The proxy server is refusing connections". I can access web sites using Chrome. I also can no longer access the Google Play Store. I have no idea what caused this. I have not added anything new to my phone since the first week I got it several months ago. I have searched several forums and have not seen anyone with this same problem. Any suggestions on how to fix it would be appreciated. I spent two hours with Sprint and their solution is to reset my phone to factory conditions. I don't really want to do that. Thank you.

Champion1229 said:
There is a setting for proxy server under Wifi.
Goto WiFi, long press on the network you're currently connected to, press "modify network", check the box for "advanced options" and make sure that the proxy setting is set to "none."
I'm not sure why this setting would carry over to your cellular data tho...

I have seen this suggested before. The problem is that I do not have a Proxy Setting in my advanced WiFi settings. I have under Notifications: WiFi Notification. Under Useful Settings: Sort list by, Keep Wi-Fi on when screen is off, Allow Wi-Fi scanning, Switch to mobile data, Wi-Fi signal weak. Then under Connection I have Wi-Fi Direct, Connect by WPS button, Connect by WPS Pin. Under Personal Install Certificates. And under Information MAC and IP addresses. Any other place I could look for the Proxy Setting?

Thanks.

Last edited:

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Cannot Access Internet via WiFi or Mobile Data, Google Play Store Not Accessible

There is a setting for proxy server under Wifi.
Goto WiFi, long press on the network you're currently connected to, press "modify network", check the box for "advanced options" and make sure that the proxy setting is set to "none."
I'm not sure why this setting would carry over to your cellular data tho...

jkgraves

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: Cannot Access Internet via WiFi or Mobile Data, Google Play Store Not Accessible

I have seen this suggested before. The problem is that I do not have a Proxy Setting in my advanced WiFi settings. I have under Notifications: WiFi Notification. Under Useful Settings: Sort list by, Keep Wi-Fi on when screen is off, Allow Wi-Fi scanning, Switch to mobile data, Wi-Fi signal weak. Then under Connection I have Wi-Fi Direct, Connect by WPS button, Connect by WPS Pin. Under Personal Install Certificates. And under Information MAC and IP addresses. Any other place I could look for the Proxy Setting?

Arecki

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site

I have had the same problem and changing proxy setting to "none" helped :)

jkgraves

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site

Could you please tell me where you found the proxy setting, which you changed to "none". Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87