Adding the Google Now weather to the home screen

ctt1wbw

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I had this added and loved it, it was great weather app. But somehow my fingers jittered when I was moving the icons around and I accidentally deleted it. I've heard a lot of people can't get it back but did anyone find out how?

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I had this added and loved it, it was great weather app. But somehow my fingers jittered when I was moving the icons around and I accidentally deleted it. I've heard a lot of people can't get it back but did anyone find out how?

Are you talking about the News and Weather widget or the Google Now widget? In any case, you can re-add it by long pressing the background and going into your widgets (unless I'm misunderstanding what you're talking about)

ctt1wbw

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
No, I was talking about the Google Now weather icon. I think last month Google rolled out this feature to add the weather from Google Now to your desktop as an icon and I accidentally deleted the icon, now the option is gone to add it again. Other people had the same problem and I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix it.

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Clear you Google app data and cache data. Open the app and redo your normal settings. Search the weather in your location. It will probably take 3 or 4 searches but by then it should prompt for the shortcut again.

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
No, I was talking about the Google Now weather icon. I think last month Google rolled out this feature to add the weather from Google Now to your desktop as an icon and I accidentally deleted the icon, now the option is gone to add it again. Other people had the same problem and I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix it.

Oh sorry about that. That update hasn't rolled out in Canada yet. :)

Chazz77

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Two things. It;s very easy to add. On the Google Now weatherview, tap the weather on your Google now screen. A blue screen with the weather info pops up. Tap it again, you are on the actual app. Click menu bars at top left and choose "Add to my home screen" you "now" have it.

Second.I don't think you deleted it; it keeps falling off. I've added it back a dozen times. And yes, I like it that much. Accueweather, well, wasn't....

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty