FancyWidget v. Beautiful Widgets- HTC Sense clock

groundkontrol

May 28, 2010
Visit site
My Incredible arrives tomorrow and the first thing I'm going to do is install LauncherPro. With that said, I really love the HTC weather/clock. I want a replacement that looks exactly like it. I'd like it to have the weather animations when the phone gets unlocked but that's not necessary. So which is the better option, Fancy Widget or Beautiful Widgets? Which is more accurate? Do any of them have issues with not reporting the time or weather correctly? Thanks!!!

P.S.- another random question. I'm coming from a Blackberry. Is there anyway to make my unlock screen list my name and email address in case my phone is lost? Thanks.

Saiyaman156

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I love Beautiful Widgets, I use that for my weather/clock needs on my home screen. It also comes with some nice toggle widgets for WiFi, airplane mode, vibrate, silent, gps and bluetooth. It does have the animations on unlock. I also can attest to the fact that the developer replies quickly to bugs or problems and fixes are put up fast. I have not had an issue with the time or weather not updating.

groundkontrol

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I love Beautiful Widgets, I use that for my weather/clock needs on my home screen. It also comes with some nice toggle widgets for WiFi, airplane mode, vibrate, silent, gps and bluetooth. It does have the animations on unlock. I also can attest to the fact that the developer replies quickly to bugs or problems and fixes are put up fast. I have not had an issue with the time or weather not updating.

Thanks! And does it look just like the HTC Sense weather clock?

Saiyaman156

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! And does it look just like the HTC Sense weather clock?

I don't know what the HTC clock looks like exactly, but you can get skins for Beautiful Widget (all free as far as I know), and I do recall seeing one called HTC or something of the sort.

You can download the app, and if it doesn't look like what you are aiming for, return it. I think there is nothing wrong with using the 24 hour return policy as a trial...

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Fancy Widget myself and it's absurdly close to the real thing. I switched back and forth between Sense and LP using HomeSwitcher, and I barely noticed any difference. You can set it to open the stock HTC Weather and Clock apps when you click different parts of it, just like the real deal.

stolirocks

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I use beautiful widgets, there are several clock skins that look like sense one. I use a different tho on my EVO. Beautiful glass skin I think.

Sent from my IPhone killer(EVO4G) using Tapatalk

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I like Beautiful Widget more in that there's the extra area to tap on to bring up the calendar.. rather than just weather and clock. I miss it now that I'm using Sense.

Patrix.

jiggaman

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I use beautiful widgets with launcher pro and love it. It is extremely close to the sense widget. There is also beautiful live wallpaper, which is pretty cool.

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
BW and/or Accuweather/Google just wouldn't provide accurate weather for me in Phoenix area without using GPS. Using Fancy Widget now without GPS and it's working well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38