Documents To Go offers spell check?????

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if someone had the full version of Documents To Go on their Android phone.
My question is, does it offer a spell-check feature when creating and editing Word documents? I saw a video of the new Documents To Go for iPhone, and it did not have a spell-check feature for Word. I couldn't find this as a feature for Android when I went to Documents To Go's website to look at the new features for 3.0
The BlackBerry version has spell-check, but I wasn't sure if the Android offered this as well.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
The video review I saw on YouTube for the iPhone version didn't have it. I guess Android doesn't offer it either. It does for the BlackBerry version, however. Would be nice if they offered it for all platforms.

zuben el genubi

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it does.

I wonder if they offer a discount for those changing platforms? Doubt it though lol.

Last time I checked - DTG did have a sideways upgrade. I have it for the Palm and was interested in using DTG on the Nokia. I'd have to ask what versions of Office it saved to, though. I refuse to use MS Office. I have an older copy of WordPerfect, and will use Open Office.
Z

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I love open office.....

sometimes cells when not set up correctly in Excel, come in a bit whacky, but other than that our company has been using it for over a year.

I contacted Dataviz about sideways upgrading.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
no sideway upgrading....

Dear Anthony,

If you previously purchased software for a prior platform such as Palm OS unfortunately this software would not be transferrable to an Android powered device due to compatibility reasons, nor do we offer a cross platform discount. If you wanted compatible software on the Android platform this would require you purchasing a compatible application either from the Android Market or through our website. For more information please see the below link:
Reinstall or Reactivate Software on a New Device

The software is currently on sale through our website and in the Android Market for $14.99 (typically $29.99)

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Tony that was the same message they gave me when I asked because I used D2G on my BB. I have looked everywhere in the app and don't see any form of spell checking.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Reactions: tony bag o donuts

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I keep wondering about spell checkers as well, but one of the things I noticed is that I don't think about spell checking as much as I used to.

Part of the reason is how the keyboards work. I mostly use Swype, which seems to work well with the vocabulary I use. It does most of the spelling for me, so I don't think about it as much as I used to. Even when I switch to SwiftKey, it does a pretty good job of selecting the words I want to use, so no more spelling needed there either.

But it would be nice if there was a better-integrated spell checker throughout the OS.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brownsjames