Looking for a Contacts App that will control Phonebook transfers

Gmanmonster

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I just came over from a Blackberry to the Awesome world of Droid.

I have a Motorola Razr and a VW Passat

With my blackberry, I could make a note in each contact and it would only transfer noted contacts to my cars phonebook when connected.

With my Droid - all 543 contacts and all of their related numbers have transferred into my car.

If I have 3 numbers for Bob; ie Home, Work and Mobile - my car lists 3 entries for Bob

I am looking for a new contact app that will allow me to tag which contacts (and which numbers of said contacts) will transfer via bluetooth when requested.

Does anybody know of such an app? I have search the android market and have found nothing that seems to work.

TIA

Gmanmonster

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Looking for a Contacts App that will control Phonebook transf

ICS did it. Okay, here's what I did after Google imported the huge number of contacts into my phone and they all showed up in my Bluetooth Phonebook on my car, making it near impossible to scroll thru to get a frequently used number.

Go thru and take your your frequently used numbers and "Star" them.
Then hit the "menu" button, then "Contacts to Display"
at the Bottom is "Customize" - hit that
go to your gmail account, and select "Starred in Android"

Viola' - now the only contacts that will show up on the display will be your "Starred" contacts

All other contacts are still in your phone, you just need to go in and quickly change the "Contacts to display" to see them if you need some obscure info.

I also went in and made special "Starred" single entry listings for quick access to my commonly used friends info, and also left their full detailed listing in an unstarred listing.

For Top Listings like my Wife, I put a * in front of her name and it always shows at the top of the list for super quick access

Best part - is you can do all of the contact repair/changes/updates thru Google Gmail, star them and unstar them on a desktop, and then they will be synced on the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89