Go Launcher Ex messed my phone up!

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
So I have used Go Launcher Ex for probally 6 months. Well lately my phone has been lagging like crazy. Wife was having the same problem, she deleted Go Laucher Ex and it made it 10x's better. So I go and unistall Go Laucher Ex...after I uninstall it, my phone screen goes blank. So I try to fix and nothing. I restart and still problem, and even tried pulling battery. After half hour of trying i said screw it and went to Verizon. About a hour later i had my phone reset which i thought was fine, but for some reason Sync wasnt syncing my contacts....60 contacts gone.

Thanks Go Laucher Ex :mad:

younghusky

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I am wondering if you followed the uninstall instructions provided by the Go Launcher team. It sounds like maybe you missed a step. They make it clear that before uninstalling you must first clear the programs defaults. This means that you need to tell your phone to stop using Go Launcher Ex as the default home screen. Maybe this is why your screen was blank. You could have gone on a PC and go to the Android Market and tell it to send Go Launcher Ex back to your phone. Once reinstalled you would have a home sceen again and you would be able to then remove the defaults and uninstall Go Launcher Ex and get your original home screen back without going to Verizon and losing your contacts.

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I uninstalled the app like i do all other apps. Wife didnt do anything different and it worked fine for her

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Only way your contacts wouldn't be syncing is to actually go into your Sync part of Settings and remove Contacts from being synced. Go Launcher and any other 3rd party launcher would not be affecting this setting..

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I never said go launcher made the contacts not sync...it made my phone messed up where I had to reset phone and lost contacts

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I never said go launcher made the contacts not sync...it made my phone messed up where I had to reset phone and lost contacts
Sorry about the misunderstanding there.

A rule of thumb I too learned the hard way a long time ago, before doing any type of factory reset is to export your contacts list. I learned this with my wife's device, even when synced it still missed out a handful of contacts.

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I would of did a back up but go launcher made my screen black and couldn't do anything. VZW had to go in some special boot up mode to reset

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Strange.. I heard of something similar with a 3rd party launcher not too long ago where after uninstalling it caused a user not to recover back to their original stock launcher which was still installed. They ended up in a factory reset or something of that matter...

Sorry it happened, especially when you loose something as valuable as contacts.

dougdraws

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
GO Launcher was a bust. RAM and system hog, plus it kept messing up some of my apps. Going back to my old favorite, KK Launcher.