Sms over lockscreen

SHiFT.

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I am looking for an app that will pop up on the lock screen and let me quick reply right there. Sorta like bitesms on the iphone. I tried chompsms but it won't do it. Any suggestions would be great

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I am looking for an app that will pop up on the lock screen and let me quick reply right there. Sorta like bitesms on the iphone. I tried chompsms but it won't do it. Any suggestions would be great

There's an app called Sms Popup that is exactly what you're looking for.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Couck#WN

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Handcent SMS for me is the best sms option. Has the pop up you want and there is even an option for a quick compose ( a lil popup that lets u send a text without opening the app)

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, SMS Popup has the popup feature and the quick reply feature. The reason I like SMS Popup more is because I don't want to replace my stock SMS app. SMS Popup allows you to get popup notifications and send quick replies while still using the stock SMS app for your messaging. It's an enhancement instead of a replacement.

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
What's the issue with replacing the default? IMO, the replacements offer options that are way better than the native android messaging app.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
What's the issue with replacing the default? IMO, the replacements offer options that are way better than the native android messaging app.

There's no issue with replacing the default, but I'm not really interested in those options. I'm plenty happy with the native sms app; I just want pop up too. Sms Popup does that for me.

youngville718

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one that when using those SMS pop up apps not handcent or go SMS that after it sends the message and I look in the stock sms app it never says sent it just keep saying "sending "

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 2

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one that when using those SMS pop up apps not handcent or go SMS that after it sends the message and I look in the stock sms app it never says sent it just keep saying "sending "

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 2

I've never had a problem on my evo3 d or my galaxy nexus

sockerplaya

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I've tried pop up, chompsms, ans handcent and none of them will show a preview on my S3... do I need to change my lockscreen options so it's not "slide to unlock?"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums