Pandora - Phantom Song Skips

DrDownload

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing phantom song skipping while using Pandora. I will be just listening to some tunes, not touching the phone and all of a sudden it will just skip to the next song. This happens probably 2-3 times an hour.

Any Ideas?

b0ricua

May 24, 2010
Visit site
This happens to me on my HTC Evo. If I'm at the gym it seems to skip tracks more noticeably if I bump my phone or move it. Very frustrating...

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I have both had a number of problems with Pandora on our phones, even when we were using BBs and not Android phones. The main issue I've had with Pandora on a mobile device is that it seems to have trouble getting the stream going again after encountering loss of a signal or a even a weak signal. It will sometimes sit for minutes without doing anything. Sometimes, I have to close the app down and restart it just to get it playing again.

I only recently learned that Pandora actually limits usage to so many hours per month. If they expect mobile users to pay for a subscription to their premium service, they really need to make their mobile app more robust. Honestly, if it were more reliable, I would seriously consider paying for Pandora One, but since I mostly use it on my Droid, it would only frustrate me to pay for something that has so many hiccups.

Now, if I had a Google TV device that could stream Pandora over my home network and through my sound system, that might be enough to change my mind...

-SR-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress