Why isn't my default email working correctly?

WellsR47

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Default email not working correctly

So my the email app that come preloaded on the Droid Maxx has worked great for the past year I've had the phone. Now for the past 2 weeks it wont load any emails. I've deleted the account and re added it cleared cache etc.

I would post a screen cap but appearntly I need 10 posts

James_Watson

Banned
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Default email not working correctly

Have you set the POP3/SMTP for your mailbox properly? Is it possible that your mailbox had disabled POP method?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

What is your email host? GMail? Outlook/Hotmail?

Those have dedicated apps, so I would try and see if those work as well. The GMail app in particular now has support for several services. Using that to handle a few of my email accounts.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Lollipop 5.0.2

WellsR47

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site

How do I enable the POP? I've never heard of this setting and I'm pretty good when it comes to phones, but Im not an expert.

Also I use gmail and yahoo. I'd rather not run independent apps because I dont like using unneeded space, with the preloaded app I can go back and fourth very easily plus ive become very accustomed to it. Lately I've been running both in chrome, which is a bit aggravating

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

How do I enable the POP? I've never heard of this setting and I'm pretty good when it comes to phones, but Im not an expert.

Also I use gmail and yahoo. I'd rather not run independent apps because I dont like using unneeded space, with the preloaded app I can go back and fourth very easily plus ive become very accustomed to it. Lately I've been running both in chrome, which is a bit aggravating
The POP/IMAP stuff is quite complicated. I think it's just a lot simpler to use something else. The Droid Maxx has the G-Mail app (different to the E-Mail app) already installed, so you aren't using any additional space. It can use both your G-Mail (obviously) and Yahoo accounts, and switching between them is as simple as swiping in from the left of your screen and tapping on the second e-mail listed :)

WellsR47

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site

Thank you very much.

I would have no problem looking more into the pop settings if you have the time. Like I said not an expert but pretty technology inclined, it won't scare me away

Never even noticd the gmail app, added my yahoo account and everything is working fine. I can deal with it for the time being lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer