I HATE emoji (s?)

Dave Breen

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
I seem to be one of only two or three people in the world who do NOT want emoji (emoticons, smileys, etc) available on my keyboard. I search "disable emoji" in various forums, but have not found an answer. Is this some kind of plot to drive some of us crazy? What gives? Surely someone can help. PLEASE

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I seem to be one of only two or three people in the world who do NOT want emoji (emoticons, smileys, etc) available on my keyboard. I search "disable emoji" in various forums, but have not found an answer. Is this some kind of plot to drive some of us crazy? What gives? Surely someone can help. PLEASE

Are you mad that people are sending emojis? 🤔

Because you don't have to send any if you don't want to. 😱

📟

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. What phone do you have and which keyboard are you using? Some keyboards, like SwiftKey, let you 'hide' the emojis key in the return key, being available only after a long press. This way you can easily forget they are even there :)

Dave Breen

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, Ry. I seldom receive any, and I certainly try not to send them.

I just can't believe everyone phone/keyboard combination includes (if not pushes) them. How hard would it be to leave them out, or have a disable function?

Dave Breen

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, Javier,

I have a Moto G4 and am using Swiftkey (after initially using Gboard); I'm still looking for the options with the least obtrusive emoji presence. thankx

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, Javier,

I have a Moto G4 and am using Swiftkey (after initially using Gboard); I'm still looking for the options with the least obtrusive emoji presence. thankx

Gboard is another good option to hide the emoji's key (under the comma). Just uncheck the option under 'preferences' and they will be available only after a long press.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty