Aukey Quick Charge Car charger - caution

note-4

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

The user manual states the following:
- Please unplug the car charger from its socket before you start your engine or do not use it.

Is anyone following that? It would be so inconvenient to do that every time you step into the car.

Posted via the Android Central App

ireknole

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

The user manual states the following:
- Please unplug the car charger from its socket before you start your engine or do not use it.

Is anyone following that? It would be so inconvenient to do that every time you step into the car.

I do, but I use a y cable with it that draws power from the usb port. It would kill my battery if I didn't. Otherwise, I might not have known to do that.

I don't have my manual handy, does it say why that is?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

note-4

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
No, it doesn't say why.

I am sure many people were not aware of it either.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The reason is that during starting the voltage in the car is very "dirty" - lots of noise and spikes. I've been using "user-added" electronics in cars since cars had 6 volt batteries and have never blown anything by leaving it connected while starting the car - but I never connect my cellphone until after I start the engine, and I always unplug it before turning the engine off (the same thing could happen from the turn-off transient). You have to plug it in when you get into the car and unplug it when you get out anyway, so why is it inconvenient?

(Leaving the car in the phone is asking for a broken window and a missing phone [and possibly other things missing - once someone breaks into your car for your phone, he'll grab anything else easily grabbed]. Even if you're just running into the store for a minute. It takes about 20 seconds to break a window and grab a phone.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
movefla19