Very low audio on new Kenwood DDX9902S with Samsung Galaxy Note Edge

CrashAlpha

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I just got my Kenwood DDX9902X and am using it with my Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.

Audio works just great outside of AA - including BT streaming from my phone. But once I connect with AA and am forced to use USB, all AA audio volume drops. So much so that normal listening levels sound like there is no audio.

It's not just me, some doing an unboxing Youtube demo of the unit who is also trying it with a different model Samsung phone also has problems - he thinks isn't working at all, but I believe that if he had turned up the volume to max as I did he would have started hearing the audio. So quite possibly it's not just me.

Possible culprits: Samsung USB audio, Android, Android Auto, overly-long USB cable or Kenwood.

Any thoughts on what could be wrong, or how to troubleshoot this?

Magman323

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Im sure you've done this but thought I'd mention. Adjust volume offset in settings to -15 on radio and +6 on AA. I just upgraded to Note5 and noticed the lower volume. Didnt do it when I had S6.

Posted via the Android Central App

CrashAlpha

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Im sure you've done this but thought I'd mention. Adjust volume offset in settings to -15 on radio and +6 on AA. I just upgraded to Note5 and noticed the lower volume. Didnt do it when I had S6.

This is a first for me. I haven't seen any place to adjust AA settings. Do you mean Android Settings or Kenwood head unit settings?

CrashAlpha

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Ok, figured out the +6 offset, I didn't know that audio settings were specific to audio input type on the Kenwood. Unfortunately while the +6 offset does raise the volume, the unit's volume still needs to be turned to max to enjoy louder genre music.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty