Help me with my app design pretty please

Irish#AC

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
hey guys

so for my thesis i am designing a smartphone app to help improve communication between my university, the students union and students and also to help improve the orientation experience of new first year students when they arrive on campus.

as part of my research i am looking for similar apps that have been implemented in other colleges and universities around the world and i already have a significant list

but if you know of any school that has any sort of smart phone application for either students or staff or any sort of significant mobile web presence for students or staf if you could please give me the name of the school and if possible a link to their webpage that has information on their app or mobile web presence

if you dont have links dont worry about it names of schools is enough for me to start looking into it

thanks,
mark

Irish#AC

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
any app that school has implemented for either its staff or students really no matter how featureless or featurefull

basically looking to see exactly what parts of smartphone technology have or havnt been utilised to make students and lecturers lives easier

but am also interested in their mobile web presence aswell as features that can be implemented in that type of enviroment can probably be fairly easily implemented in a smartphone app enviroment

edit; i guess while im at it if there are any non school implemented apps that are specifically aimed at college life id be interested in them too, i have lists of all of these things already but im sure i have missed / cant find alot aswell

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I wish my school had something like that when I was there! For communication, it would seem like a forum format communication would be easy to impliment cross platform so users could use it via smartphone and computer and would likely be easy to impliment in an app. Also having calendar events and campus maps built into the app would be very useful for incoming freshmen and new faculty. Sorry, I don't know of any schools that have something like this.