Will Rebooting my phone help?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello Everyone

I am using smsung A72. It is a great device with an amazing display and perfectly balanced performance. It has a 6.7-inch Super AMOLED Plus Infinity-O Display that offers a vivid, clear view in any light condition.
The A72 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G processor which is extremely efficient yet powerful so the phone can easily handle the regular tasks we use it for. It is also equipped with a massive 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage, so you can store many photos, videos, music and more without having to worry about running out of space.
The A72 also has an impressive quad camera setup on the back with 64MP primary lens, 12MP ultra wide-angle lens, 5MP macro lens and 5MP depth sensor. It can capture beautiful photos with sharp details, vibrant colours and natural-looking bokeh effect.
The phone also comes with a 5000 mAh battery that provides long lasting power so you can use the device for longer hours without having to worry about it running out of juice. However, from a few days I am facing some issue in my phone. My phone get stuck while doing regular tasks. Here Iam sharing all the concerns I have. Hope these are the solution for my issue.

Will Rebooting my phone help?

How can I check if my phone is running on the latest software?

Is there any way to improve battery performance and reduce battery drain?

Where can I find coupons and deals for Samsung or other android devices?

Looking forward to a positive response. Thank you.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
In device care you can use a feature called Auto optimization and it does it automatically . Phone running latest you can go settings>software updates and check if one available if not then usually your running the latest.

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here, As a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
This reads like marketing copy...

Who knows if it will help, but it certainly won't hurt. Reboot it and find out.

That's what I was thinking. At least it's more than most other questions we get that are just... "phone doesn't work, how to fix?". and that's ALL we get.

To the OP. All we really need to know is the phone make and model, which you've given - Samsung A72. And what the current OS version is - "Settings" > "About Phone" > "Software Information". There, we just need the One UI version, which will also tell us the Android version since they are connected (One UI 4.0 or 4.1 is Android 12, One UI 5 is Android 13), and the "Android security patch level" near the bottom which is given as a date.

How current you are on the OS can sometimes depend of what carrier you are on. Some carriers are quicker on the monthly updates than others. Also, whether the phone is locked to a carrier or unlocked.

But really, the first thing I would do if things get squirrelly is reboot the phone without question. Then dig a little deeper if the problems continue.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
The most asked question on this site is, what device do you have, which is always us asking someone posting their question without context. This is the first time I've seen a full blown advertisement used to express this. LOL.

Anyway, I will agree other responders that rebooting shouldn't hurt anything. Actually regular restarts are good for a device. mustang mentioned one of the tools that Samsung provides in their device care bundle that helps keep the phone running well. I've had issues with getting my phone to auto restart and even with optimization enabled I have yet to wake my phone to find that it has rebooted so I've been doing manual restarts. I still think the optimization is worth it, I haven't had too many glitches since enabling it.

As for battery drain, there are thousands of 'how-tos' online for ways to get more out of their battery. A lot of the advice is the same so I always tell people to look one up for themselves that way they can pick and choose what tips they want to use and what tips don't fit in their lifestyle. Go online there are tons of them, pick 3 and then pick the tips you like. Just saying.

I'm not saying that Samsung is the best place to look for discounts but in your Samsung profile there is a tick box where they will send you offers and deals. Your carrier will do it as well if you have an online account with them. Of course places like Best Buy would love to have you on their mailing list. So nothing special to do here just start signing up where you shop.

Seeing as how much you seem to love your device, we sure hope to see more of you around in the forum after you create an account. Let us know what you find.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Rebooting is simple, a useful attempted fix for many problems, and harmless, unless perhaps the device is on the very verge of failure.
It is, I believe, wise to reboot from time to time, on all devices.