Anti virus and malware?

tattoomikeinnc

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Lucky I havent got anything on my Droid yet but before I do I want to get something...I'm looking for a good free anti virus or whatever I need to keep my rig safe but I don't have the $ right now to pay for an app....but when I get one free I want one that I can buy the full system when I can afford it...I don't know much about the security got Android out if it's even necessary...please, tell me what all I need to know about security, you guys and girls are the greatest...thanks in advance.Mike berry

I'm afraid of accidentally correlating one of those files that claim to remove spyware and viruses but are actually one themselves... :confused:
Sent from an Optimis Elite powered by Android via Virgin Mobile

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
The most popular antivirus program is Lookout Mobile Security, but like ask154 said, it's almost completely unnecessary. Android tells you whenever it's downloading or installing something, so it's not like Windows where a virus can get installed in the background. So far, the only people who have to worry about viruses and malware are the people who install pirated apps. If you stray away from the trusted app markets (Play Store, Amazon AppStore, etc), then you might have to worry.

That being said, I use Lookout, but not because of the virus scanning. Lookout also provides stuff like lost device locator, where it uses your GPS to find your missing or stolen phone. It can make your missing phone "scream" (i.e. play a loud siren to help you find it). And the paid version can even remotely wipe your phone to protect your data if it gets lost or stolen.

Lookout isn't the only one. There are many other security apps that provide anti-virus and lost device security. But Lookout is the most popular.

tattoomikeinnc

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok..well I guess I won't worry too much about it..I use google play, and trust no app from anywhere else really so I guess I'm good

Sent from an Optimis Elite powered by Android via Virgin Mobile

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty