AT&T S4 can't make call or receive call

A

AC Question

I been having this problem for about a month now. I can't make a call or receive a call, and by that I mean no dial tone or sound is coming through. I can sometime do it in other app like Viber. When I restart, it might or might not work and if it does it only work once then back to no dial tone. It isn't rooted, got latest update, already tried multiple SIM. Can anyone help? My warranty already expire.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you get the replacement SIMs from a major wireless provider, or are they pay as you go? If you're using a major provider, have you talked to them about the problem?

An Tran1

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Yes, already try couple of other SIM along with a new SIM. My warranty was expired 2 months ago and no luck on getting Samsung to fix it without 75$. I also have the SIM card error that require me to restart my phone. I know that problem is what a lot of people have in regard to SIM error but goggling haven't help me found a solution. Both the SIM card error and can't make/receive call happen in stock and rooted. I don't think I can downgrade it nor actually flash another rom since bootloader is locked.

jza95

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
It's a Google Now update that screwed up. The Ok Google search from any screen is turned on by default. From the home screen, hold down the menu button which should go into Google Now. Click on menu button again and select settings. Select "VOICE." Then select "Ok Google" detection. Once there, switch off the option "From any Screen." Once that is turned off. Restart phone and everything should work fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez