New to Note 3 - Camera Questions

A

AC Question

Hello,
Please bear with me I am new to the Note 3, coming over from an iPhone 4s. I have a couple of questions regarding the camera functions. Every time I take a photo I get a "processing" message and then I am shown the photo - I do not want to see my photo, I want to take another picture and now I have to find the camera again! Why does it do this? Also, why do I need to see processing? I just want to take more than one photo in a row? It's making me nuts. also, can you choose which way to hold the phone for video? How do I get the camera to focus more quickly?

Many thanks in advance!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Regarding "Processing", you don't need to see it but like the rest of us you've got no choice. It's simply saying " Please be patient while the phone processes that photo, because until it's done that, you can't take any more photos."

Posted via Android Central App

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
Please bear with me I am new to the Note 3, coming over from an iPhone 4s. I have a couple of questions regarding the camera functions. Every time I take a photo I get a "processing" message and then I am shown the photo - I do not want to see my photo, I want to take another picture and now I have to find the camera again! Why does it do this? Also, why do I need to see processing? I just want to take more than one photo in a row? It's making me nuts. also, can you choose which way to hold the phone for video? How do I get the camera to focus more quickly?

Many thanks in advance!
turn off smart stabilization, it does reduce noise in low light photos, but it does this by taking multiple pictures and merging them together which gives you the "processing" message, as for the second problem, look in your settings, you should be able to turn off the auto review so you can snap away without delay, read the manual, this phone has a lot of features and you will be overwhelmed if you don't take the time to read and educate yourself, especially coming from IOS.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
(Please excuse my unhelpful reply...it's just that I have to wait AT LEAST 4 SECONDS while my Lumia 1020 processes, so I figured that other phone users have got it easy. Also the roof was leaking.)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
(Please excuse my unhelpful reply...it's just that I have to wait AT LEAST 4 SECONDS while my Lumia 1020 processes, so I figured that other phone users have got it easy. Also the roof was leaking.)

Are you using Nokia Camera Beta?

The processing speed on that is slowed as it takes a pic at HD and then makes 2 different files for thumbnail/low res sharing instruction. Plug into USB and examine the Pictures folder on your PC to see what I mean.

Ditch the Beta and use straight up Nokia Camera.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
(No no, this is with Nokia Camera. I have no PC so cannot do as you suggest, but thank you.
All can be forgiven with the 1020.)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
(No no, this is with Nokia Camera. I have no PC so cannot do as you suggest, but thank you.
All can be forgiven with the 1020.)

Make MS Camera App the shortcut for when your camera button is pressed. It should process faster and be better for snap shots. Leave Nokia Camera on the Start screen for when you want a composition shot...

Now that I think about it, the 1020's 41mp camera was set up to take the shot and the low res files... Which are probably high res compared to most. LOL
How to weed out your Nokia Lumia 1020 high resolution image files | Windows Phone Central

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays