no message

A

AC Question

something wired happen to my phone the icon of the massages when away and i t connected to a hangout app I dont recall making this change now am trying to look for my old message app and i cant find it. please help me or give me instruction how to fix the problem.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
If I understand you right, perhaps you merged two icons accidentally, to make a folder. If so, long press to open and separate them, and move one to where you want it.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What phone are you using? When you talk about the old Messaging app icon going away, are you talking about icons in the Notification Bar when you get a message, or are you talking about the shortcut on the homescreen? If you bring up the App Drawer, can you find the stock Messaging app there? If it's there, you should be able to drag it back to a homescreen.

It's possible to make Hangouts your default SMS app, which may be what you did. Go to Settings>Wireless & Networks>More, and see what's listed under Default SMS App. If it's Hangouts, select the stock Messaging app again. You can also open Hangouts, tap Menu, then Settings, then SMS, and see if it says "SMS Enabled."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez