Blu Neo4.5does not recognize SD card

gaggrouper22

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
just two weeks ago the Samsung s2 I purchased was messing up really badanyway the dealership switch it out with the Blue neo4.5it's a dual SIM card phone1 week ago I noticed some of my apps were missing I looked at the top of my screen and I have to separate signal bars. One is blank no signal the other one is full signalcan not figure out how to get it off the top of the screen.then a few days ago I bought a micro SD card.pipe installed in the phone but it seemed to have no spring load when I am fine but the phone does not recognize the chip anybody has any ideas out there be highly appreciated thank you gag grouper 22.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like you have a few issues:

1. What do you mean you noticed some of your apps were missing? From the homescreen? From the App Drawer?

2. I've never had a dual SIM phone, but I would guess that the two different signal bar icons correspond to the two different possible SIM cards. You probably can't get rid of them short of rooting the phone and using something like Xposed Framework.

3. Where did you get the microSD card? From a well-known retailer, or some discount site or auction site like eBay? There are lots of counterfeit cards being sold, so that's always a risk, especially with the discount sellers. Try inserting the microSD into your computer (using a fullsize SD adapter, very cheap to buy if you don't have one). Does the computer recognize it? Are you able to format it? If not, it's probably a dead or fake card. Ask the store for an exchange or refund.

gaggrouper22

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
why hello and when I purchased the phone there was only one SIM card put in it.and there was only one set of signal bars at the top of the screen.then 5to6 days later I went to use my phone and I noticed my front page that my apps were missing only from the front page not from the system. And at that time is when I seen the second set of bars at the top of the screen with no signal an X through it.so basically at the top of the screen I have one set of bars that are getting signal and a second set of bars with no signaland I thought what happened at that time was that my apps went on the other line of the phone which was not active but I'm not sure?since I can find no way to turn off the other side of the phone there should be a control in the settings where you can switch between SIM card 1 and thing part 2 the phone is capable to phone linesso that somebody else in your family is using your phone alsothey would have their own phone line and on front screen theme.but one thing that cannot was different when I slit in the SD card they're normally spring LA this phone was not spring locks at this Flynn now the way the battery goes in would stop the SD card from harris flipping out its so tight some reason my phone is not recognizing it's only an 8 gig cardI just hate that I have to spend another 20 30. For an SD card and end up being the phone is the problemany help would be appreciated sincerely gag grouper

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If the app shortcuts disappeared from your homescreen, just add them back from the App Drawer. This kind of thing can happen from time to time, but it's no big deal. They're only shortcuts.

I don't have a dual SIM phone, so I'm not sure what normal operation for a dual SIM with only one SIM card inserted looks like.

As for the SD card, did you read what I said before?
3. Where did you get the microSD card? From a well-known retailer, or some discount site or auction site like eBay? There are lots of counterfeit cards being sold, so that's always a risk, especially with the discount sellers. Try inserting the microSD into your computer (using a fullsize SD adapter, very cheap to buy if you don't have one). Does the computer recognize it? Are you able to format it? If not, it's probably a dead or fake card. Ask the store for an exchange or refund.