LG Lucid 3 can't root.

A

AC Question

Hey I've tried to root my LG Lucid 3 but the update they came out with practically screwed me. Towelroot doesn't work and I really need the phone root. Any tips or advice? Thanks in advance.

-Nick

Drew12345

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem but as soon as i looked at my phone settings and went to about phone then i looked at my status and scrolled all the way down and it has a rooting status in it then it made alot of sense to me that the normal or complex rooting can be done i think you have to go to your plan like verizon and i think you can get it done there

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
i think you have to go to your plan like verizon and i think you can get it done there
Rooting voids the warranty, so I doubt that your carrier will do it for you.

And Towel Root uses an exploit in Linux that a lot of manufacturers are patching. Which is why a lot of us are staying on 4.4.2.

If anyone comes out with a pure Linux ROM for my phone (that runs Android apps), I'll flash it in a minute. Then I can update Linux without having to worry about what corporate america wants. (My only "boss" said "I do" many years ago, and she doesn't care what I do with my phone.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana