Can't find Hidden Items after software update in Samsung Note 3

H

hmust

I just updated my software yesterday for my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and suddenly it doesn't want to show my hidden items. What can one do?

atifkhan1984

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
This is big problem of this last update. dont know what is alternative for this problem.thanks to all of you at least i was able to find my files.i did update 2 days back & was in shock for not having my hidden personal photos. is there any update when this can be fixed permanantly.
atif

Sucro Choi

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I tried every suggestion on this thread...but I found something else that was a lot more helpful in finding my hidden items.
First, you can try going to App Manager and look for Gallery where you Clear Cache and Force Stop. Then, in My Files choose Gallery again and in its settings check the Show Hidden Items option.
Now the most important thing...in My Files go to All, and look for a folder labelled .hide. There you will find the hidden folders with the original folder names or the randomly saved ones in the folder titled Island. I just signed up for this forum to give this one answer. T_T
I hope it works for all!!
This link should be of help, the last step is the key!
www . wikihow . com/Find-Hidden-Pictures-on-Android

Saw another post on androidcentral. Instead of sifting through many files, use SFinder (by holding the touch button to your left for 2 seconds) and search for .hide

Last edited:

Pradeep Hazarika

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Now the most important thing...in My Files go to All, and look for a folder labelled .hide. There you will find the hidden folders with the original folder names or the randomly saved ones in the folder titled Island. I just signed up for this forum to give this one answer. T_T
I hope it works for all!!

this one works....thnks

agreen39

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issue except even after clicking show hidden files I can't find a .hide folder not even with a search. The only thing the search brings up is... .hermit_restore.hider
Which can't be opened.

I'm on a galaxy 4
android version 4.4.2

FlipBumWalla

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm just catching up to you guys. I updated the firmware (I should have checked this site first) and now I can't see my pictures. In Kies, it won't even back up them because its says something is hiding them. So, I walked through the steps here and I don't see a .hide folder.
Even before that, in the Gallery app, under settings, I don't see an option to show hidden items
From My Files, I have the option to show hidden and I made that one is checked. From My Files, I can see my pictures, but I can't see a .hide file.
I'm guessing I have a problem with my SD card. The images are in there. I can see the pictures.

What did I do wrong?

simmons0517

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Hopefully, you can help. When I ticked the "Show Hidden Items" option, it disappeared and is no where to be seen. and I tried going to my files, settings, and show hidden files, but I do not find a hide. folder. Is there still hope to get them if I have them backed up? I haven't done a back-up for a couple days but these pictures are older than that.

Sami Qazi

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
hy i have a sam prob with my samsung note 3 neo i cant find my hidden pics after updating my fone, i have revewed all your comments with other users and aplly all but sill couldnt find my hiden file,now when ever i try to hide any pic its deleted automatically , please advice on ths so i can find my files
thanks

chriissss

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
it works people go to my files click the settings button, tick the 'show hidden files' button the go to my files, thers a hide folder click on it then thers a island for click then u get them... from SA

rafucholoro

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
Can somebody please help. Samsung galaxy 4 I had a folder of hidden files. A folder of pics I took when I went to see my family after 9 years of not seeing them. I did everything. In my phone there is no Island folder and I don't know what to do anymore

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty