Transparent text icon help

Ray Corsi

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I've had my note 3 for almost a year but with the latest kitkat update it's been a nightmare. Most issues I've lived with except for one. Anyone getting double text icon? I'm getting a regular text icon on status bar and a transparent text icon both for the same message. It's annoying because first, my default sound beeps twice as if I was getting 2 text messages and second, I'm getting 2 icons for same text message. I'm inserting a pic for all to see what I'm talking about. Basically, is this a bug? Or is this just the way it is because if so, it seems stupid to have the same icon for same message twice. Almost like listening to someone repeat themselves. One last thing, I'm not into rooting or whatever it's called. I just purchased the phone and used it out of the box with what it came with. Thanks

Carrier: Sprint in USA
Version: KitKat 4.4.2

transparent icon.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Any other kind of 3rd party notification apps? 3rd party lockscreen apps?

When you swipe the Notification Shade down, do you see two separate notifications for the same message there? If so, long-press each one and then tap App Info to find out which app is generating the notification.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo