S4, Black screen, message come in but no calls and doesnt start up properly.

A

AC Question

Hi, Im just seeing if anyone can help me understand what might have happened to my phone. Galaxy S4, yesterday was working fine then I found that the screen had gone black. The phone is still receiving text messages and whatsapp messages but it doesn't receive calls. When I turn it off and on again it doesn't start properly, there is no start up sound but then the blue light comes on to let me know I have unread messages. Now I know it could be the LCD digitizer and was my first thought but I don't understand why calls aren't coming through and the start up isnt happening correctly so possible a hardware or even a software problem.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Baz

Barry Keane

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately not. That's what I mean about it starting up, I get absolutely nothing when I turn it on apart from the little vibration, then after about 30 seconds texts and whatsapp messages come through. But if I try to ring it, it rings on the phone im calling from but nothing happens on my phone. All I can think is the digitizer but that doesn't explain no start up noises and no incoming calls. It vibrates when texts come in aswell and nothing when the calls happen.

Any other ideas that could possible help?

Thanks by the way.
Baz.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you certain that you've powered off the phone? When in doubt, pull the battery and wait about 10 seconds, then put it back in and power on again. Does it go through a different, longer sequence? Do you still get nothing at all on the screen?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38