transferred movies into my phone & only a few seem to play

eddiebhoy

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I transferred movies into my android smartphone the kingsing k5 , which is more or less the same as samsug s4 , anyways I would convert my movies into m4 and would put them onto my phones sd card and they would play fine but when it gets to like playing a fourth movie they have not been playing , I thought it was my player but I done a test of the movies it wasn't playing I took out the other movies and like the fourth movie that didn't play after I took out the other 3 movies and put it in it would play. And like my sd card is 32gb , and please be nice with me having a kingsing android smartphone lol , its just been frustrating as I was thinking maybe the movie file or format but the ones that didn't sem to play I would take out the other movies left and put the one that didn't play in alone and it would play , I would deeply appreciate anyone who could shed some light on this and direct me on what I should do , ty.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hard to answer, since Samsung clones might have unreliable firmware. But then again, this is a relatively common issue that is brought up with Samsung devices, so maybe Kingsing actually did a good job copying Samsung.;) Does this only happen on your external SD card? Try moving the movies directly to the Internal Storage and see if the same thing happens there. If it's only the SD card, then it could be a faulty card, or it could be a problem with the firmware's ability to access the SD card (which is also somewhat common on Samsung devices).

eddiebhoy

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
B.Diddy what I did notice was when I looked at the data on the sd card from my phone on screen I saw the name of each movie and the time and how long it was in mins. But see the fourth one it was only showing the player icon with name of movie but the time as in mins below the name where all zero even though there is a icon and name for the movie there , I was thinking of getting another card , I was wanting like another 32gb , was thinking of the Samsung 32GB Class 10 Micro SDHC Card Essential Class Card or the Samsung Memory 32GB Evo MicroSDHC UHS-I Grade 1 Class 10 Memory Card , or could you recommend a card for me B.Diddy , I want 32gb or more in size , its just that I am going on holiday next week and was wanting to put movies on my phone , your opinion would be deeply appreciated bro

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't use microSD cards much, so I don't have any reliable recommendations. I would recommend sticking with well-known brands like Samsung, Toshiba, Sandisk, Patriot, PNY, and Transcend, among others. It seems to me that all microSD cards sold these days are Class 10, so you shouldn't have to worry about getting a lower class. Stick with reputable stores or online retailers, like Best Buy, Costco, Office Depot, Amazon (as long as it's sold by Amazon, and not the Amazon Marketplace), etc. Be cautious with sellers on eBay, or the Amazon Marketplace.

You can check to see if the card is what it says it is (and not a counterfeit) by running SD Insight.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty