Can you set up auto-correct for text to do this?

A

AC Question

I have the Samsung Note 2 through Sprint with version 4.4.2 on it. For some reason darn near every time I am sending a text and get in a hurry when I try to type the word “you” I end up spelling it “yiu.” Is there a way to go in and somehow set it up that any time I type the word “yiu” it is auto-corrected to “you?”

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I have the Samsung Note 2 through Sprint with version 4.4.2 on it. For some reason darn near every time I am sending a text and get in a hurry when I try to type the word “you” I end up spelling it “yiu.” Is there a way to go in and somehow set it up that any time I type the word “yiu” it is auto-corrected to “you?”
Hello. If you go to settings>language & keyboard> or something similar to that, you'll find you can select the keyboard you're using, and erase words that it has saved from your typing. So you can delete the word "yiu" there.

Sent from my nifty 2 year old AT&T HTC One XL

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
........ and/or try these settings for the Samsung and SwiftKey keyboards.
I haven't used the features myself, so not sure if they will help.

e3azazeg.jpg
udyve2y3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd remove the "yiu" entry from the user dictionary, but I find that auto-replacement is more trouble than it's worth, unless you write boring text with simple words. Try putting the names of streets into a list for a GPS program and with auto-replace, most of them will be totally wrong. I just reread my text before I send it (sometimes more than once). It's not just the spelling - sometimes re-reading it will show you that it doesn't really sound like what you meant it to say. The human mind, even the most stupid one, is still MANY times smarter than the smartest computer. (I don't remember who said it but someone once said that a computer is a device to make mistakes at an incredibly fast speed.)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana