Where is the Windows manager icon?

A

AC Question

where is the windows manager icon.

getting error message when is try to watch videos, where is the windows manager app.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: where is the windows manager icon.

Welcome to Android Central! What device do you have? What videos are you trying to watch, and with what app? There is no Windows Manager, because this isn't a Windows device. Are you talking about a task manager?

Nicholas Goddin

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
The box that continuously pops up on my Android Note 3, with Verizon, refers to a "windows manager icon," and that I must close some windows and try again.....I have now 2 open pages, but that didn't do it. That was on advice from Verizon.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Are you watching you tube via a browser?
Do you have multi window enabled?

I don't remember that icon (non Verizon). Could you have too many tabs open?

From my SM-N9005 Note 3 on Tapatalk

Nicholas Goddin

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
I am sure that I do occasionally watch you tube through my browser. I don't know how many tabs would constitute too many, and when you say open, what do you mean? I am not doing anything different with this phone then any other Android that I have had over the last+/- decade.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

OK So any video either through the stock or any video app, or you tube - or by touching a video link can cause this. I am not familiar with that pop up, it may be Verizon specific.
There is a Complete Action Using pop up especially with You Tube links , but you will have seen that before.

If you can post a screenshot someone may recognise it, but if it's one of those small pesky short pop-ups they can be impossible to capture. If it's specific to one video app that would help.

If no luck here I'm sure someone on the Samsung Note 3 Verizon sub forum will have come across it.

From my SM-N9005 Note 3 on Tapatalk

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The box that continuously pops up on my Android Note 3, with Verizon, refers to a "windows manager icon," and that I must close some windows and try again.....I have now 2 open pages, but that didn't do it. That was on advice from Verizon.
Advice given by Verizon is worth about as much as oats "given" by a horse. You can't get a tech support job at Verizon if you actually know anything - they want you to read the script to the customer without understanding that what you're reading is usually nonsense.

I just ran 3 Youtube videos at the same time in my Note 3 and the only problem was understanding 3 people talking at the same time. There's probably a limit, but how many windows do you want open at once in a phone. (A desktop is another matter - sometimes when doing research, I can have over 40 tabs open in Firefox if the computer has enough RAM. But not all watching videos, I just open reference links in new tabs, so when I'm done I can just close the tab instead of reloading the previous site.)

wr_2034

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
I just figured it out. If u look at the top of your screen, there's a box that tells u what site u r visiting or trying to visit. To the right of that, is a small box with #s in it. Click on that. That's your Windows Mgr. It only lets u access up to 50 sites through Google. If u click on that, it brings up all past sites u have visited and u can close them down individually. Hope it helps. .