Why can't I hear people calling me on my Note 4?

MAILROOMMANUK

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
note 4 I can't hear callers or people I call on my note 4

I have had this same issue from the first day .
I can get a call in out make a call the phone goes through the motions of making the call connects but I can't hear a thing and callers later tell me they heard nothing as well .
Restarting my phone cures the issue but only temporary.
Any ideas ?
Note 4.4.4

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: note 4 I can't hear callers or people I call on my note 4

Welcome to the forums. Since rebooting fixes it, even though temporary, I would try this: Go to Settings>Storage, scroll down and click on the cache section. That should bring up a confirmation screen that you want to erase the cached data. Click yes. See if that helps.

MAILROOMMANUK

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi and thanks for your help it did not fix the issue but since the firmware update the last 2 days have been issue free .
Keep your fingers crossed lol
Thanks again

Welcome to the forums. Since rebooting fixes it, even though temporary, I would try this: Go to Settings>Storage, scroll down and click on the cache section. That should bring up a confirmation screen that you want to erase the cached data. Click yes. See if that helps.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I've only had my phone a few days
When you have this and a problem the solution is always the same - get the phone replaced. MailRoomMan was lucky, but I never waste time on anything with a replacement warranty, cellphone, vacuum cleaner - anything but a car (they don't replace cars if there's something wrong, even if you notice it as you drive it off the lot). If it doesn't work, and the warranty says "will replace", I get it replaced. My time, even though I'm retired now, is still worth something. To me, even if not to anyone else. (Even when I owned cellphone stores, if a customer brought back an in-replacement-warranty phone, my first question was, "Do you want a new phone, or do you want me to try to fix this one?" I never got a "fix this one" reply. I did get a lot of "I can get a new one?" responses. The manufacturer will replace the phone, so why waste your time, the carrier's time, the distributor's time? Just get a new phone. If you don't have everything backed up, you should, so start backing up from day one from now on. And every time anything changes. Computer storage is cheap and cloud storage is almost as cheap [get a free 50GB account or a few smaller free ones just to keep your phone backups on])

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87