How do I turn the volume up on my S3?

badmanoffire

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
quiet sound

i have a samsung galaxy s3 mini and i bought myself some good headphones for 69 pounds, sadly i have this weird problem where its very quiet even if its on full. ive tried pluging it in to my sister phone and it works awsome can someone please tell me whats the problem and how i can fix it as cheap as possible?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: quiet sound

Welcome to Android Central! Sorry for the basic question, but are you certain the plug is all the way in? Some devices have a tight headphone jack, which requires some extra pressure to get the plug in all the way. You should feel and/or hear a click when it's in properly.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: quiet sound

Also be aware that Samsung is pretty strong on keeping the headphone volume low, to avoid hearing damage. (It's real, not a fable, that constant not-so-loud sound will damage your hearing - I'm an example of it.) Some manufacturers allow full volume through the headset jack, some reduce it somewhat, Samsung reduces it a lot.

Trust me, when you're in your 60s and most of your friends say "huh?" a lot, you'll be glad of that.