Why is my battery life draining?

Carey Bond

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Why is my battery life draining

I have a samsung galaxy ace 3. I've not had it long and I don't use it much, it was draining about 30% a day which Is fine, but the last few days it has been draining by lunchtime!!!!

I have looked in settings/batteries and have discovered the following

Android OS 28%
Screen 20%
Google play services 15% (although was at 20% at one point!!!

I think the above is the problem but what do I do???

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.☺

In the first instance, try Powering Off the phone followed after a few minutes by Restart.
Android OS does look high but on the other hand it depends on how much you used the phone during the period to which those stats refer, and what you used it for.

Posted via the Android Central App

Carey Bond

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why is my battery life draining

Hi I've turned on and off but no differences hardly, it's hardly used at all , probably had more use this evening with me trying to sort it than it has in the six week my husbands had it.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
The Power Off/Restart may have stopped something that was going on under Android OS and causing the increased battery drain. If so, the results will not be noticeable for some time....see what the stats show tomorrow at about the same time.
There are other things that we can suggest if that hasn't done it, so please get back to us.

Something that may be worth checking right now is whether you're set to GPS location reporting. Go to Settings, General, Location, Mode, and consider setting it to Battery Saving, if it isn't already set to that.

Posted via the Android Central App