Why am I not able to install an app on my SD card?

A

AC Question

[Q] Need Help Iball Andi 4di. Not able to install app in SD card.

Hi,

I have Iball andi 4di anroid phone (RAM - 256MB, OS - ICS 4.0.4) and it has 8GB sd card.

Problem which I am having is not able to install apps in SD card. After Installing 1-2 small app (5-10MB size) internal memory gets full and msg displayed continuously "low memory space". (due to this issue not able to open the existing app)

In the setting I can see and have already selected the option to install the app in SD card but after sd selection also it installs the app in internal memory.

Tried with reset (factory reset) several times but its not working.

If I root the phone does this problem will be resolved? Can anyone help me about this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Q] Need Help Iball Andi 4di. Not able to install app in SD card.

Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Storage--does it show two or three storage areas (including the external SD card)? If you see three areas, then your Internal Storage is likely partitioned into a small App Storage (which can get filled up easily), and an "Internal SD" area, which is still part of Internal Storage, but acts like an SD card. If you move an app to SD in this situation, then the part of the app that moves would actually go to the Internal SD, not the external SD card. Also keep in mind that only a portion of the app can be moved (and it's often a small portion).

See this guide for more info: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty