Why isn't Android L pushing through?

OLOAPS

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Android L not pushing through

Sorry if this was answered already, I'm kind of new to Android. Anyway, I just received my OS update via OTA. I started downloading it and seeing that it may take a while, I doze off. When I woke up, I saw my device on its home screen and nothing changed. I then checked my version and it says Android 4.4.4. I then clicked system update but it says "Your system is up to date" I don't get it. did I missed to do something. My device is Nexus 7 (2013)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to AC.☺

I've just had the update on my Nexus 5. After it's downloaded, it asks you whether you want to install. If you were asleep, it would have got no further. Perhaps the download is in the device, waiting to be installed?
Otherwise, it will probably be sent again in due course.

Posted via the Android Central App

OLOAPS

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Android L not pushing through

Oh Okay. Now my question is, where can I find the downloaded files so I can install them manually? Or will I just wait for another update to arrive? I'm afraid that since the files were already downloaded, it might think that I already updated my device. Thanks

Edit: I did a Factory System Reset if that helps..

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
It's never occurred to me to wonder where a software system update would be stowed, but I guess you could try looking in Downloads. But if you did the factory reset after the download, I imagine it would be gone....unless you somehow backed-up your downloaded files first.

You're not the only one to have trouble:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-5/463014-ota-lollipop-update-vanished.html

Posted via the Android Central App

OLOAPS

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Android L not pushing through

Well I did checked on the box that says "Back up my data." But anyway, I think Google will find a way to fix the problem seeing that some people had it too. Thanks for the help mate! :)