App download caused home screen change

A

AC Question

I downloaded an app and the default weather app on my home screen has now disappeared. How can I get it back The app was Webroot.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have? Have you tried going through the process of adding Widgets back to the homescreen, and looked for the Weather widget there?

velveetasuzee

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
I don't know how I lost it, but on my home page (Samsung Galaxy Note 4) where the weather used to be is now just a text that says:

"Weather Tap here to add a city" when I tap and it goes to the next page I type in my city and then it says "connection failed"

help!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is the phone connected to the web, either via wi-fi or mobile data? If it is, and it's still not working, then try removing the widget from the screen, and then adding it back again. Long-press the empty widget until you get the option to drag it to the Remove area (or garbage can icon). Now go through the process of adding a widget back to the homescreen, and select the Weather widget again. Does it allow you to select your location this time?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non