How can I made Android Central friendlier for the Pocket?

Trajadoja

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Beef with New(ish) Android Central Layout

If I recall, the folks at AC have recommended (and use) offline reading tools like Pocket. Yet the new AC layout isn't compatible with Pocket and I end up with difficult to read, small font "web view" versions instead of the clean, controllable color/font that I know and love in Pocket.

Can something be done to make AC friendlier for Pocket? Like it used to be?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Beef with New(ish) Android Central Layout

If I recall, the folks at AC have recommended (and use) offline reading tools like Pocket. Yet the new AC layout isn't compatible with Pocket and I end up with difficult to read, small font "web view" versions instead of the clean, controllable color/font that I know and love in Pocket.

Can something be done to make AC friendlier for Pocket? Like it used to be?

If you encounter problems, we have a site feedback sub-forum here: AndroidCentral.com - Site News, Feedback and Help - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

I'm not sure if there's anything we can do. Have you tried using RSS?

Trajadoja

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site

Hmmm... I'm starting to see the issue. I use Feedly for my RSS reader, skim through it and then save to Pocket the ones I want to read. I'm guessing that Feedly is actually using the pure RSS (no formatting issues there) and when it gets saved to Pocket, they are trying to store the full page.

I just changed the Pocket setting to force mobile user-agent which makes it look like it does on a mobile browser. Better than it was, but still goes to AC's white background instead of my preferred dark background in Pocket.

Thanks - at least I understand the issue now...

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Hmmm... I'm starting to see the issue. I use Feedly for my RSS reader, skim through it and then save to Pocket the ones I want to read. I'm guessing that Feedly is actually using the pure RSS (no formatting issues there) and when it gets saved to Pocket, they are trying to store the full page.

I just changed the Pocket setting to force mobile user-agent which makes it look like it does on a mobile browser. Better than it was, but still goes to AC's white background instead of my preferred dark background in Pocket.

Thanks - at least I understand the issue now...

Well, I'm glad that you found a solution. Unfortunately, I didn't do much to help! Will keep this finding in mind if I see anyone else ask about Pocket and AC. Thanks!