Why has my Maps App disappeared from my phone?

A

AC Question

Maps App Missing

I have a Samsung S3 (4.4.2). My 'Maps' Application has completely disappeared from my phone. It is not listed under the Application Manager either. When I go to the 'Play Store' and search Google Maps, the app says Disabled. I try to click Enable and nothing happens. PLEASE HELP!

cbertens

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Maps App Missing

Okay, I went to Settings - General - Applications Manager BUT I do not have the option to view disabled/turned off. All I can see is Downloaded/SD Card /Running/ All. Do you perhaps know why I cannot see the disabled/turned off?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

No, I don't. You have the right order except you're missing the 5th column.

Hopefully someone will know.
I had a Galaxy S2 before my current Galaxy Note 3, plus a Motorola Moto G, so all Android devices should have it.
My knowledge may be terminating.

Try it once more. Did you purchase it recently from a reputable source?
Go to a downloaded app in the All list that you don't use much, open for the App Info page, and disable. You may lose info, so you could download a new app instead. I just wonder if the Disabled column will appear. Very strange.

Stick around for more help.
It's late for me.

74f3a2d995e588806b58291100a6c3ed.jpg

cbertens

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site

It is a work phone so I wonder if my employer has hidden the disabled/turned-off option... The phone was purchased new and set-up by my work.

I will try your suggestion though and see if it will work. I have been using the Google Maps for weeks/since I got the phone and today it just vanished. So frustrating.

Thank you for taking the time to help me out! I really appreciate it! :D

cbertens

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site

Okay, so I disabled another app like you suggested. When I did that the disable field appeared in the App Manager. The app I recently disabled is the only one to appear though. The Maps app I am missing is not there.

I cannot uninstall the app since I cannot find it on the phone and I cannot enable through the play store. Any suggestions on how to re-download/start over with the app?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

It is a work phone so I wonder if my employer has hidden the disabled/turned-off option... The phone was purchased new and set-up by my work.

I will try your suggestion though and see if it will work. I have been using the Google Maps for weeks/since I got the phone and today it just vanished. So frustrating.

Thank you for taking the time to help me out! I really appreciate it! :D
Thanks for registering and Welcome to Android Central.

I was able to Enable a Bloomberg app from the Play Store app with a long press. May not work for all stock apps.
You can have a look in General - Security, encryption and Device *correction* Administrators. Mine is not encrypted and Device Administrators just has Android Device Manager, for finding a device, enabled. You may have company settings.

Strange you had used Maps previously.

Try saying Hi and also asking this in the Android Central Community - Introductions forum. More site ambassadors help out there, if they miss your thread here. (Some of them are under the impression I know what I'm doing, so pass over my replies - more fool them .)

See you around the forums.

Last edited: