Need a new phone to replace the Nexus 5

Aditya_Deshbandhu

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Dear forum members,

I need a penny for your thoughts as I seek to replace my aging Nexus 5 with a flagship device, the thing is I am a resident of India and the fastest data spectrum available is 3G, which is pretty harsh on cell phone batteries.
Looking at the current political scenario in the country 4G connectivity seems farfetched for the next 2-3 years and I find my need to plug in my Nexus 5 to charge at least 2-3 times a day (I am a pretty heavy
user). I was thinking of the Motorola Droid Turbo with its beast battery but felt the Snapdragon 805 is a tad too old for Q2 2015, was also thinking of the HTC One M9 or the S6, but their batteries too seem a tad too small. Though I really really like the One M9
At this juncture I am thus left wondering if I should wait for LG, Sony and Moto's flagships for 2015 in hope of a bigger battery or bite the bullet and get the One M9. ( Please keep in mind all phones in India are available only off contract and a flagship device costs about 750-1000 USD, thus if I buy something I am stuck with it for 2 years at least)

Posted via Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello Aditya and welcome to the forums.🙋

If your Nexus 5 is still working okay, would it not be worth considering an extended battery for it, as a cheaper alternative to a new device? Some of those new devices are unknown quantities as yet, and you'd be able to defer any decision until such time as their battery and general performance are better known.

Posted via the Android Central App