Question Need help to use the processing of dead phone somehow.

theashggl

Jul 11, 2023
Visit site
I have a redmi note 4 and it is dead for 2 years now as the storage of the phone gave up. Is there any way to make use of the rest of the phone? At least the processor can be used for added processing power in other phones or independently. I don't know about this field of electronics. Let me know if anyone can help me with it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Unless you're a hardcore hardware wizard, you won't be able to do anything with a dead phone. The chips are all soldered into the motherboard, so you'd have to somehow get the chips out of the motherboard and insert them into a new motherboard (essentially constructing a new phone). I would just recycle the phone at a location that does it responsibly. You might even be able to sell it for parts on eBay or a similar marketplace.

Reactions: theashggl

theashggl

Jul 11, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Unless you're a hardcore hardware wizard, you won't be able to do anything with a dead phone. The chips are all soldered into the motherboard, so you'd have to somehow get the chips out of the motherboard and insert them into a new motherboard (essentially constructing a new phone). I would just recycle the phone at a location that does it responsibly. You might even be able to sell it for parts on eBay or a similar marketplace.
Yeah, that is understandable but there must be a way to use the processor because it just doesn't make any sense to think that the motherboard is useless if the ROM is damaged. It isn't dependent on it. Definitely, some hardcode wizard stuff.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The problem is that mobile phones aren't designed to be modular. This is partly due to the need to cram so much into a tiny space. So everything is intricately interconnected, and there's no easy way to swap things out. There were a few attempts to make modular phones (remember Google's Project Ara?), but they never amounted to anything lasting.

Reactions: Madd62

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej