Can I please get some help with my badly messed up phone?

A

AC Question

Please help, Phone is badly messedup, Cannot mount (or even access) SDcard or reinstall rom!! :'(

Please please help me, I know it sounds pathetic but im nearly in tears due to how massive an impact this is having on my life!! :'(

Im willing to genuinely pay £10 via paypal to anyone who can help me fix my phone, I promise.

My phone is an LG Gt540.

I bought it 2months ago new on stock rom.
I managed to workout how to root it, and then upgraded its rom a few times over the next few days.
I eventually reached CM 4.2.1 rom, which is the highest available and worked well.

The phone has only 133mb internal space though, and so I needed something to increase the storage (using my SD card's space).
And so after many days of trying stuff I managed to find Mounts2sd.
I partitioned my SD card correctly (using mini partition wizard), and mounts2sd was working fine.
However 1 app didn't work, and so like an ***** I decided to re-flash the entire rom, wipe the sd-card, and try to restart from fresh.
However I endedup formatting; the SDcard, The SD ext, the System, and formatting everything in the menu in recovery.

The phoned bricked and wouldn't turn on.
But I managed to put my SD card in my laptop, have my laptop detect it as a 'device', and so was able to place the ROM file onto the SD card that way.
I then re-booted into recovery, and re-installed the rom.
I thought id fixed the phone, but clearly I hadn't.

And for the last 2weeks since, everytime I try to re-install mounts2sd, it just totally screws up and freezes up the phone.
I partition the SD card correctly each time, however when checking it in recovery it says SD-ext wasn't ever mounting (error mounting SD-ext) was the exact message.

I then tried to re-install a lower level rom (2.3.4 I think it is) onto the phone,
to then re-install CM 4.2.1 afterwards hoping that that would fix it all,
however the phone now wont detect the SD card at all!! :'(

The only way I could access the SD card normally is put it in the phone, plug in usb cable, it wont ever detect the SD card as a folder on my laptop like C: or D:, but if I use Mobile2go software from wondershare I was able to connect to the phone and access the SD card from there, and transfer files onto it that way.
However I now cannot do that, since when I try the phone will turn on but has error msg flashup every second saying something like keyboard has stopped working, and so it wont load the Mobile2go software, and so I cant connect to the SD card to put the 4.2.1 rom onto it.

I have tried placing the SD card into the laptop through the side-slot thing, and can access it via mini-partition wizard when I do that.
However the SD card is not being detected at all when I click on My Computer, and so I cannot place any files onto it! :'(

I seriously am so close to crying now, this has already had me in tears, as its so upsetting!
Please please can someone help me.

To summarise the things I need to be able to do (in order I guess) are-
1. Find a way of getting my phone to recognise and mount the SD card.
2. Find a way of getting my phone/laptop to detect the SD card and allow files (CM 4.2.1 rom) to be placed onto it so I can install that back onto my phone.
3. Find a way of being able to get the SD-ext to be recognised and detected as being mounted by the phone so that I can use Mounts2sd.

If anyone can help me do all those 3 things I will be so truly grateful and will happily pay £10 to you via paypal as a sign of my gratitude.
As this is just distressing and upsetting me so much.

Thankyou
Jessica

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Please help, Phone is badly messedup, Cannot mount (or even access) SDcard or reinstall rom!! :'

Please please help me, I know it sounds pathetic but im nearly in tears due to how massive an impact this is having on my life!! :'(

Im willing to genuinely pay £10 via paypal to anyone who can help me fix my phone, I promise.

My phone is an LG Gt540.

I bought it 2months ago new on stock rom.
I managed to workout how to root it, and then upgraded its rom a few times over the next few days.
I eventually reached CM 4.2.1 rom, which is the highest available and worked well.

The phone has only 133mb internal space though, and so I needed something to increase the storage (using my SD card's space).
And so after many days of trying stuff I managed to find Mounts2sd.
I partitioned my SD card correctly (using mini partition wizard), and mounts2sd was working fine.
However 1 app didn't work, and so like an ***** I decided to re-flash the entire rom, wipe the sd-card, and try to restart from fresh.
However I endedup formatting; the SDcard, The SD ext, the System, and formatting everything in the menu in recovery.

The phoned bricked and wouldn't turn on.
But I managed to put my SD card in my laptop, have my laptop detect it as a 'device', and so was able to place the ROM file onto the SD card that way.
I then re-booted into recovery, and re-installed the rom.
I thought id fixed the phone, but clearly I hadn't.

And for the last 2weeks since, everytime I try to re-install mounts2sd, it just totally screws up and freezes up the phone.
I partition the SD card correctly each time, however when checking it in recovery it says SD-ext wasn't ever mounting (error mounting SD-ext) was the exact message.

I then tried to re-install a lower level rom (2.3.4 I think it is) onto the phone,
to then re-install CM 4.2.1 afterwards hoping that that would fix it all,
however the phone now wont detect the SD card at all!! :'(

The only way I could access the SD card normally is put it in the phone, plug in usb cable, it wont ever detect the SD card as a folder on my laptop like C: or D:, but if I use Mobile2go software from wondershare I was able to connect to the phone and access the SD card from there, and transfer files onto it that way.
However I now cannot do that, since when I try the phone will turn on but has error msg flashup every second saying something like keyboard has stopped working, and so it wont load the Mobile2go software, and so I cant connect to the SD card to put the 4.2.1 rom onto it.

I have tried placing the SD card into the laptop through the side-slot thing, and can access it via mini-partition wizard when I do that.
However the SD card is not being detected at all when I click on My Computer, and so I cannot place any files onto it! :'(

I seriously am so close to crying now, this has already had me in tears, as its so upsetting!
Please please can someone help me.

To summarise the things I need to be able to do (in order I guess) are-
1. Find a way of getting my phone to recognise and mount the SD card.
2. Find a way of getting my phone/laptop to detect the SD card and allow files (CM 4.2.1 rom) to be placed onto it so I can install that back onto my phone.
3. Find a way of being able to get the SD-ext to be recognised and detected as being mounted by the phone so that I can use Mounts2sd.

If anyone can help me do all those 3 things I will be so truly grateful and will happily pay £10 to you via paypal as a sign of my gratitude.
As this is just distressing and upsetting me so much.

Thankyou
Jessica

Do you have access to another SD Card?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non