How to get rid of PUP.Adware?

axlcb

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I ran Malwarebytes Anti-malware on my HTC One Max and it told me I have malware listed as Android/PUP.Adware.Uapush.a in the /system/priv-app/PNSClient.apk

Malwarebytes would not uninstall/delete this file. I was able to locate this file but from what I read on the net this is an important file so I am not sure if I should try to delete it? None of the antivirus programs find it, I've tried AVG, Norton, Kaspersky and no luck.

I'm not sure what I should do. If I factory reset, I'm afraid I will lose some of the apps that are no longer on the market. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
According to Android spyware infections on the rise: report - PC World Australia "The malware threat most commonly seen on Android devices was an adware Trojan program called Uapush.A that sends SMS messages and steals information, Kindsight said. Uapush.A was responsible for around 53 percent of the total number of infections detected on Android devices."

As far as PNSClient, that seems to be an HTC app. It's in Sense 5.5 (not in 5, though). It's needed for MyTask synchronisation with Exchange, and it can be reinstalled clean if needed (look on XDA).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87